The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is now accepting nominations for its 2017 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year. Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy.
SBA Awards given at the national level include the following:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Awards
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center of the Year
Information on all the national awards and instructions for applying can be found at https://www.sba.gov/nsbw/nsbw.
Each year the SBA’s Minnesota District Office participates in National Small Business Week by recognizing outstanding local small business owners and those who help them start and grow their businesses. The SBA Minnesota District Office will recognize individuals and businesses in the following categories:
- Encore Entrepreneur
- Family-Owned Business
- Minority Champion
- Minority-Owned Small Business
- Veteran-Owned Small Business
- Veteran Champion
- Women-Owned Small Business
- Women in Business Champion
- Young Entrepreneur
Details on who qualifies for each award and how to apply can be found at https://www.sba.gov/content/minnesota-small-business-week-awards.
For tips on how to submit a winning nomination, visit https://www.sba.gov/blogs/how-submit-winning-national-small-business-week-award-nomination.
All nominations must be submitted by Monday, Jan. 10, 2017. All awards, both local and national, will be given in celebration of National Small Business Week, April 30 – May 6, 2017.
# # #
About the Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 and since January 13, 2012 has served as a Cabinet-level agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. The SBA helps Americans start, build and grow businesses. Through an extensive network of field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations, the SBA delivers its services to people throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam. http://www.sba.gov/mn.
The post SBA Now Accepting 2017 Small Business Week Award Nominations appeared first on Home Business Magazine.